Love-ly Cupcakes

Tuesday, 28 June 2016





I am all about the 80/20 lifestyle, meaning 80% of the time I eat healthily and the other 20% of the time I allow myself to indulge. I love to bake so this is really where I use a lot of my 20% up! I do tend to only have one cupcake and give the rest to friends and family but I just love the process of baking, it's so creative! I am definitely no Mary Berry and I can't produce Pinterest worthy creations but what I do do is honest, warm homely bakes that I believe taste delicious.

Love-ly Cupcakes 

Makes 12-15 cakes

You Will Need:

Heart shaped sticks ( mine are from TIGER but you can create your own with some cocktail sticks and card)

6oz Unsalted Butter

6oz of Caster Sugar

3 Medium Eggs

6oz Self Raising Flour

A jar of multicoloured sprinkle

1 packet of mini marshmallows


For the Icing

4oz Butter

6oz Icing Sugar

Food colouring of your choice


Method

1. Preheat the oven to 150C, I have a fan assisted oven. Whilst that's heating up put the cupcake cases in a tray.

2. Cream the 6oz of butter with the caster sugar until a light creamy colour.

3. Crack in the eggs and sive the flour slowly in whilst whisking.

4. Add in the sprinkle for an extra sparkle of surprise in the mixture, mix well so they are evenly distributed.

5. Evenly spoon into the cases and place them in the oven for 15 mins / until they are golden brown.

6. Whilst they cook cream the 4oz of butter and the icing sugar in a bowl adding a small amount of food colouring as you go to build up the cover.

7. Leave the cupcakes to cool before adding the icing and the decorations! Be creative! 


Ta-Dahh

Please let me know if you made any cupcakes like mine or followed the recipe above! I love reading baking posts, so if you have any of your own please link in the comments so I can take a look!





Post Comment
Post a Comment